A 5 Question Interview Series
I shot a couple of photos at my friend Autumn’s studio space when I was up in Boston a couple weeks back…Just got the film developed and loved this portrait of her…Pretty Autumn makes pretty art.
Location: Somerville, MA
Field: Fine Arts, Painting, Illustration, 3-D, Installation
1. As an artist what fuels you to pursue your craft?
I need an outlet for experimentation. Having a personal space where anything can happen is exciting. It’s a space where the absurd, taboo and fragments of ideas can collide and become something tangible. I like to translate the physicality of observation and try to achieve that in multiple mediums. It also gives me an excuse for talking to myself all day.
2. Inspiration is often hard to pin-point. If inspiration were one item of food which would it be, and why?
- It’s an acquired taste
- Delicious at every stage of fermentation.
- You can eat it with anything!
- AND it’s good for you:)
3. If you had $100 and no obligations what would you want to do tomorrow?
Rent a pool for a day, buy a large lenticular lens sheet, some colored acetate, invite some friends, some film, and see what happens.
4. Which do you feel best fits you. Butterfly, Bee or Blackbird?
Bee: dancing with a purpose!
5. Is there a quote, saying, or motto you’d like to share with others?
“Bodily delight is a sensory experience, not any different from pure looking…the splendor of all knowledge” Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet